The School of International Letters and Cultures at Arizona State University's Tempe Campus invites applications for faculty associates
to teach lower and upper division language and content courses as needed by the individual programs in synchronous and asynchronous modes, plan lessons, prepare class materials, evaluate student work, and hold office hours to assist students for the 2023–24 academic year. We encourage applications for the following languages and related cultures: American Sign Language, Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Ancient Greek, Ancient Hebrew, Modern Hebrew, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish and Vietnamese.
These positions are one semester appointments, part-time, non-benefits eligible with no tenure implications. A typical course load is one to two classes per semester.
Anticipated start date is fall 2023, spring 2024 and summer 2024.
- Master’s degree in appropriate discipline by time of appointment
- Native/near-native fluency in the respective language
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness in related curriculum
- Relevant post-secondary teaching experience
- Terminal degree in appropriate discipline by time of appointment
- Commitment to working with diverse faculty, staff, students and communities, and to advancing the ASU Charter.
Only electronic materials will be accepted. To apply, please submit the following to Interfolio:
- Cover letter of application.
- Current curriculum vitae (CV).
- A summary of recent teaching evaluations or a letter written by a supervisor confirming teaching evaluations.
- One-page statement of teaching philosophy. Unofficial graduate transcripts. Information for three professional references (their position, title, e-mail, phone number).
Initial review of applications will begin July 17, 2023 and continue on a weekly basis in subsequent months throughout the academic year as needed until the search is closed. Faculty associate vacancy announcements will be posted on an annual basis. Applicants who are not hired within the current academic year are welcome to re-apply — applications do not roll forward from the previous pool recruitment.
The College values our cultural and intellectual diversity and continually strives to foster a welcoming and inclusive environment. We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of the academic community.
A background check is required for employment. Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis protected by law. For further information, see ASU’s Academic Affairs manual and Title IX Statement.
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
COVID-19 vaccination: Arizona State University is a federal contractor and subject to federal regulations which may require you to produce a record of a COVID-19 vaccination. For questions about medical or religious accommodations, please visit the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion’s webpage.